The “April Showers Bring May Books Contest” is designed to introduce our children and families to the importance of Early Literacy.
Objective: Each library will compete to register as many children as possible for the “1000 Books Before Kindergarten program” (1KBB4K). Once they are registered, support and encourage the family to complete the first log sheet within that month. Promote the event and be as creative as possible to recruit new “readers”. The top 5 libraries with the most NEW children registrations wins!
Who can participate? : 1) All Libraries; 2) any child between the age of birth-5 who is NOT currently enrolled in our program.
How can children & families register? These two steps must be completed for Registration:
1) Your library is responsible for keeping an accurate log sheet of all new participants. On April 15th, email a copy of the completed new registrant log sheet to email@example.com . This form serves as your entry sheet for the contest.
2) On April 30th, the final log sheet must be emailed to the same email address no later than 11:59pm EST. No late submissions will be accepted. The top 5 winners will be notified by email or phone by May 25, 2019.
When does the contest begin and end? April 1st- April 30th, 2019
Prizes: The top 5 Libraries with the most number of new registrants receive;
- A donation of Jumping Cow books,
- An official certificate from 1000 Books Foundation,
- An autographed copy of 1KBB4K and book log,
- Bragging rights for their Children’s library,
- A trophy will also be displayed at the winning branch
“Children are made readers on the laps of their parents”- Emilie Buchwald”